Editor’s Note: The following is a list of RV-related recalls for July compiled by the National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA).
• Fastec Industrial Corp. (FIC) is recalling certain model 43610, 40610, and 44610 door locks manufactured between January 2006 and April 2013 with a keyed paddle handle and deadbolt for use in recreational vehicles. It may be possible to remove the key from the lock in a way that potentially jams the deadbolt in locks with certain key codes. If the deadbolt jams, the interior side of the door lock may also jam. FIC will notify the original equipment door and recreational vehicle manufacturers and the consumers of record and instruct them on how to determine whether they have a defective lock. Consumers of record will be sent replacement cylinders with instructions, free of charge. The vehicle manufacturers will notify their consumers. The recall is expected to begin September 10, 2013. Owners may contact FIC at 1-800-837-2505.
• American Honda Motor Co. is recalling certain Trailer Hitch Harness Kits, Part Number 08L91-TZ5-200. These kits are for use in 2014 model year Acura MDX vehicles. The trailer hitch kit has a subharness that is incorrectly wired such that there may be no power supplied to an accessory trailer brake controller. Honda will notify owners and Acura dealers will correct the trailer hitch subharness wiring, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on August 23, 2013. Owners may contact Acura Customer Service at 1-800-382-2238. Honda’s number for this campaign is JB2.
• Cequent Performance Products is recalling certain Tekonsha Electric Trailer Brake Control Wiring Adapters with Part No. 30232-P and 30231-P. These adapters are used as aftermarket equipment on model year 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 vehicles. If the brakes are applied while the turn signal is activated, the turn signal may turn off. The opposite trailer turn signal may then activate. Cequent will notify distributors, dealers, installers, and customers and will replace the adapters free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Cequent at 1-877-827-0799.
• Monaco RV LLC (Monaco) is recalling certain model year 2011 Holiday Rambler Campmaster and R-Vision Trail Cruiser; model year 2011-2012 R-Vision Onyx; model year 2011-2013 R-Vision Trail Light; model year 2012-2014 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite, Aluma-Lite Ultra and R-Vision Trail Sport and Trail-Lite Crossover; and model year 2013-2014 McKenzie Rainier Ascent and R-Vision Trail Lite Trek recreational vehicles. These vehicles were manufactured October 12, 2009, through March 15, 2013 and have the water tanks mounted under the floor within enclosed underbellies. The water tank mounting system may fail. Monaco RV, LLC will notify owners and dealers will install a cross brace between the water tank and the mounting brackets, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during August 2013. Monaco’s recall number is 13001MRV. Owners may contact Monaco at 1-877-466-6226.
• Augusta RV LLC is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 FLEX recreational trailers manufactured February 13, 2013, through April 9, 2013. Due to a design change in the power awning motor assembly, the motor assembly screws may unknowingly shear. Augusta RV will notify owners during August 2013 and Dometic staff will replace the affected motors with motors of a different design. Owners may contact Augusta RV at 1-574-848-0200 or Dometic at 1-888-447-0003 for more information. Owners are being instructed not to drive their vehicle until repairs can be performed.
• Kibbi LLC is recalling one model year 2013 Renegade KIT28TA trailer manufactured on April 12, 2013. Due to a design change in the power awning motor assembly, the motor assembly screws may unknowingly shear. Kibbi will notify the owner and Dometic staff will replace the affected motor with one of a different design. The recall began during July 2013. Owners may contact Dometic at 1-888-447-0003 for more information. Owners are being instructed not to drive their vehicle until repairs can be performed.
• Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc. is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Aspen 1400RB, 1500BH, 1600RB, 2110RBS, 2470BHS and 3010BHDS travel trailers; certain model year 2013-2014 Coleman CTS14FD, CTS15BH, CTS16BH and CTS16QB travel trailers and certain model year 2013-2014 Dutchmen 190QB, 282RBS, 286BHGS, 318RKDS and 816QB travel trailers. Heat from the range burner may melt the propane supply hose. Dutchmen will notify owners anddealers will install a copper line to the propane connection in the burner, free of charge. The recall began onAugust 7, 2013. Owners may contact Dutchmen at 1-574-537-0600. Dutchmen’s recall number is 13-195.
• EverGreen Recreational Vehicles LLC is recalling certain model year 2013 Bay Hill fifth-wheel travel trailers manufactured March 13, 2013, through April 25, 2013. Due to a design change in the power awning motor assembly, the motor assembly screws may unknowingly shear. EverGreen will notify owners and Dometic staff will replace the affected motors with motors of a different design. The recall began on July 25, 2013. Owners may contact Dometic at 1-888-447-0003 for more information. Owners are being instructed not to drive their vehicle until repairs can be performed.
• Lakota Corp. is recalling certain model year 2014 CX9-BBX18 (Charger and Bighorn) recreational trailers. Due to a design change in the power awning motor assembly, the motor assembly screws may unknowingly shear. Lakota will notify owners and Dometic staff will replace the affected motors with motors of a different design. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Lakota Corp at 1-574-848-1636 or Dometic at 1-888-447-0003 for more information. Owners are being instructed not to drive theirvehicle until repairs can be performed.
• Keystone RV Co. is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Laredo fifth-wheel vehicles, models 270SRL, 280SBH, 290SRE and 293SBH, manufactured March 6, 2013, through June 27, 2013. The battery box has inadequate support for the battery and the box may fall out of position during travel. Keystone RV will notify owners and will install a battery box mounting reinforcement kit, free of charge. The recall began on July 22, 2013. Owners may contact Keystone Customer Service by calling 1-866-425-4369. Keystone’s identification code for this recall is 13-194.
• HL Enterprise Inc. is recalling certain model year 2013 Hyline HY42IKEB and HY44, model year 2013 Georgian Bay GB39CKT, model year 2013 Bridgeview BV42IKWT, and model year 2013 Premier FW44 and HY42 trailers. Due to a design change in the power awning motor assembly, the motor assembly screws may unknowingly shear. HL Enterprise Inc. will notify owners and Dometic staff will replace the affected motors with one of a different design. The recall is expected to begin during August . Owners may contact Dometic at 1-888-447-0003 for more information. Owners are being instructed not to drive their vehicle until repairs can be performed.
• Winnebago Industries Inc. is recalling certain model year 2011 Vista and Itasca Sunstar motorhomes manufactured June 30, 2010, through June 16, 2011. The vehicles have an incorrect tire inflation pressures and wheel rim sizes on the Vehicle Certification Label. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 567, “Certification.” Winnebago will notify owners and mail corrected Vehicle Certification Labels to the owners, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin by mid-August 2013. Owners may contact Winnebago at 1-800-537-1885 or email@example.com. Winnebago’s campaign number is 129.
• Entegra Coach is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Anthem, Aspire, and Cornerstone motorhomes manufactured February 8, 2013, through June 13, 2013. The attachment mechanism that holds the windshield wiper arm to the wiper motor shaft could crack. Entegra Coach will notify owners, and dealers will replace the wiper arms, at no charge. The recall is expected to begin in late August 2013. Owners may contact Entegra Coach at 1-800-945-4787.
• Jayco Inc. is recalling certain model year 2014 Precept Motorhomes manufactured March 28, 2013, through June 27, 2013. The attachment mechanism that holds the windshield wiper arm to the wiper motor shaft could crack. Jayco will notify owners, and dealers will replace the wiper arm, at no charge. The recall is expected to begin in late August 2013. Owners may contact Jayco at 1-800-283-8267.
, Aug. 27, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Thor Industries, Inc. (NYSE: THO
) today announced that it acquired the assets of innovative recreational vehicle maker Livin' Lite through a wholly-owned subsidiary. The purchase is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to be completed by August 30, 2013
"We are pleased to welcome Livin' Lite to the Thor family of RV brands. Adding such a creative RV maker to Thor's strong stable of brands will enable us to expand our industry-leading position in new product development into camping trailers and truck campers," said Bob Martin, Thor President and Chief Executive Officer. "We see many opportunities for expanding Livin' Lite's market presence through the Thor dealer network, and the ability to leverage their lightweight aluminum and composite construction technology in other Thor products. This transaction represents a solid example of executing our strategic plan to grow our RV presence through the acquisition of brands and technologies that complement our existing business."
Founded by former Heartland executive Scott Tuttle, Wakarusa, Indiana-based Livin' Lite is known for its advanced lightweight aluminum construction applied to a variety of smaller RVs, including travel trailers, toy haulers, camping trailers and truck campers. Livin' Lite also markets its products in partnership with a number of leading consumer brands including Jeep®. Having recently been named to Inc. magazine's list of fastest growing companies for the third consecutive year, Livin' Lite is expected to generate sales of approximately $24 million for calendar year 2013.
"We are excited to join forces with Thor, the leading company in the RV industry, and we are looking forward to the new growth opportunities we should see as a result," said Scott Tuttle, President, CEO and founder of Livin' Lite. "We have worked diligently to grow Livin' Lite over the past five years and expect to extend that growth as we bring the distribution, operational and financial strengths of Thor to bear on our business. As the newest company to join Thor, we also expect to add to our combined development efforts as we apply our proprietary technology to a broader array of existing product lines and bring our combined market strength to camping trailers and truck campers."
Thor expects to offer Livin' Lite's current 35 models to its current dealer network upon closing of the transaction. The Company expects Livin' Lite will continue to operate out of its existing Wakarusa facilities with minimal disruption to its current business resulting from the acquisition.
About Thor Industries, Inc.Thor is the sole owner of operating subsidiaries that, combined, represent the world's largest manufacturer of recreation vehicles and a major builder of commercial buses.
This release includes certain statements that are "forward looking" statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act"). These forward looking statements involve uncertainties and risks. There can be no assurance that actual results will not differ from our expectations. Factors which could cause materially different results include, among others, price fluctuations, material or chassis supply restrictions, legislative and regulatory developments, the costs of compliance with increased governmental regulation, legal issues, the potential impact of increased tax burdens on our dealers and retail consumers, lower consumer confidence and the level of discretionary consumer spending, the level of state and federal funding available for transportation, interest rate increases, restrictive lending practices, recent management changes, the success of new product introductions, the pace of acquisitions, the impact of the divestiture of the Company's bus businesses, asset impairment charges, cost structure improvements, competition and general economic conditions and the other risks and uncertainties discussed more fully in Item 1A of our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended July 31, 2012 and Part II, Item 1A of our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ended April 30, 2013. We disclaim any obligation or undertaking to disseminate any updates or revisions to any forward looking statements contained in this release or to reflect any change in our expectations after the date of this release or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any statement is based, except as required by law.
SOURCE Thor Industries, Inc.