Friday, July 10, 2009
RECALL: 2008-2009 NEWMAR DIESEL PUSHER MOTOR HOMES: GROUND CABLE UNDERSIZED
NEWMAR / ALL STAR MID-ENGINE 2008-2009
NEWMAR / DUTCH STAR DIESEL PUSHER 2009-2010
NEWMAR / KOUNTRY STAR DIESEL PUSHE 2008
NEWMAR / VENTANA DIESEL PUSHER 2008-2009
Manufacturer: NEWMAR CORPORATION Mfr's Report Date: JUL 06, 2009
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 09V260000 NHTSA Action Number: N/A
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING
Potential Number of Units Affected: 328
NEWMAR IS RECALLING 328 MODEL YEAR 2008 THROUGH 2010 RECREATIONAL VEHICLES MANUFACTURED BETWEEN APRIL 16, 2007 AND APRIL 22, 2009. AN INADVERTENT DEVIATION IN GROUND CABLE SIZING OCCURRED RESULTING IN WIRE GAUGE UNDERSIZING.
UNDERSIZED ELECTRICAL CONDUCTORS MAY RESULT IN CONDUCTOR FAILURE, CREATING A SHOCK OR FIRE HAZARD WITHOUT WARNING.
NEWMAR WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND PROVIDE A FREE REMEDY. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING JULY 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT NEWMAR AT 1-574-773-7791.
OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Monday, July 06, 2009
DATE POSTED TO FILE CLAIMS AGAINST FLEETWOOD
UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT
FOR THE CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
FLEETWOOD ENTERPRISES, INC., et al.,
Debtors. CASE NO. 09-14254-MJ
NOTICE OF DEADLINE FOR FILING OF PROOFS OF CLAIM ON OR BEFORE AUGUST 28, 2009
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT:
1. On March 10, 2009, Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc. ("Fleetwood") and its affiliated debtors and debtors in possession (collectively, the "Debtors") each filed a voluntary petition for relief under the Bankruptcy Code in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California (the "Court"). A complete list of the Debtors is available free of charge at the website maintained by the Debtors' Claims Agent at www.kccllc.net/fleetwood.
2. On July 6, 2009, the Court entered an order (the "Bar Date Order") establishing AUGUST 28, 2009 AT 5:00 P.M., PREVAILING PACIFIC TIME (the "Bar Date"), as the deadline for filing proofs of claim against the Debtors. The Bar Date applies to all claims against the Debtors that arose before March 10, 2009 except the excluded claims listed in the Bar Date Order.
3. You MUST file a proof of claim by the Bar Date if you have any claim against any of the Debtors that arose before March 10, 2009. The only exception to this filing requirement is for excluded claims described in the Bar Date Order. Acts or omissions that occurred before March 10, 2009 may give rise to claims subject to the Bar Date even if the claims may not have become known or fixed or liquidated until after March 10, 2009.
4. The Debtors have established supplemental Bar Dates (the "Supplemental Bar Dates") for filing proofs of claim or interest on account of: (A) claims arising from rejection of executory contracts or unexpired leases; (B) claims or interests of governmental units; and (C) claims arising as the result of transfer avoidance pursuant to chapter 5 of the Bankruptcy Code. If you are a holder of a claim or interest in one of these three categories, you MUST file a proof of claim by the applicable Supplemental Bar Date described in the Bar Date Order.
5. If your claim or interest is not listed on the Debtors' schedules or is scheduled as disputed, contingent, unliquidated or unknown, or you disagree with the amount or description scheduled for your claim or interest, you must file a proof of claim or interest.
6. EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO EXCLUDED CLAIMS (AS DESCRIBED IN THE BAR DATE ORDER), IF YOU FAIL TO FILE A PROOF OF CLAIM ON OR BEFORE 5:00 P.M. (PREVAILING PACIFIC TIME), ON AUGUST 28, 2009 OR THE APPLICABLE SUPPLEMENTAL BAR DATE, ON ACCOUNT OF ANY CLAIM YOU WISH TO ASSERT AGAINST ANY OF THE DEBTORS, THEN
YOU WILL BE FOREVER BARRED FROM ASSERTING THAT CLAIM (OR FILING A PROOF OF CLAIM WITH RESPECT TO IT);
YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY DISTRIBUTION IN THESE CHAPTER 11 CASES ON ACCOUNT OF THAT CLAIM;
THE DEBTORS AND THEIR PROPERTY WILL BE DISCHARGED FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THAT CLAIM; AND
YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO VOTE ON ANY PLAN OR PLANS OF REORGANIZATION FOR THE DEBTORS ON ACCOUNT OF THESE BARRED CLAIMS.
7. Any questions concerning this Notice, the Bar Date or the Bar Date Order should be directed to the Information Line established for these chapter 11 cases at (866) 967-0262. You may access copies free of charge of the Debtors' Schedules, the Bar Date Order, the mailed version of this Notice, forms for proofs of claim and instructions for filing at the website maintained by the Debtors' Claims Agent at www.kccllc.net/fleetwood.
8. The Court has appointed an Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors that is represented by Hamid R. Rafatjoo, Esq. at Pachulski Stang Zhiel & Jones, 10100 Santa Monica Boulevard 11th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90067-4100. If you have additional questions, you may contact Mr. Rafatjoo at (310) 277-6910.
9. You may also want to consult an attorney to protect your rights.
Approved by Order of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California on July 6, 2009.
Dated: July 6, 2009
CRAIG H. MILLET
GIBSON, DUNN & CRUTCHER LLP
3161 Michelson Drive
Irvine, California 92612-4412
Telephone: (949) 451-3800
Facsimile: (949) 451-4220
Debtors and Debtors in Possession